Promo codes are codes that customers can enter at checkout to receive a discount on their event ticket purchases. These codes are usually a combination of letters and numbers and can be found through the organizer's promotional channels.
Adding a Promo Code
Note: To start with creating a Promo code, you will have to set up at least 1 Ticket on the organizer portal first.
1. Access Promo Code page. From the left-hand navigation, click Promo Code, and start with Create.
2. Enter the Promo code details. Name your promo code. Each code must be unique with 20 characters or less. Promo codes cannot have duplicates.
Then select the Discount types:
Subtract by $: the ticket fee will subtract from the entered amount
Subtract by %: the ticket fee will subtract from the entered percentage
Charge by $: the ticket fee will charge by the entered amount
Note: Price will follow your currency setting. Please make sure the ticket price >= $0.75 or = $0 after applying the code. Or there will be a minimum price of $0.75 per order.
Enter the amount or percentage in the amount/percentage field.
Select if the promo code applies to All ticket types, or to specific ticket types only.
Setting a quota limits the number of times this code can be used or an unlimited quota.
Finally, schedule the valid period of the promo code and click Save.
3. Edit Promo Code. You can only edit the promo code details when you set it to Inactive by toggling off "Active".
- The quota limit can be edited, but the new quota number MUST be larger than the number of quotas used.
- Promo code date can also be edited, but the promo code end time MUST be earlier than the event end time.
- Once the promo code has been created, it cannot be deleted anymore but can only be changed to "Inactive".
After finishing the editing, you can toggle it to Active to allow registrants to use it for registration.
Applying a Promo Code on registration
On the event landing page, after the registrants selected a Ticket Type, they can type in the Promo code and it will show if the code can be applied successfully or not.
Note: Promo codes are case-sensitive.
If insert the invalid code, you will see a warning message "Sorry, this code is invalid".
When the Promo code entered has reached its full quota usage, you will see a warning message
'Sorry, the quota of this promo code has been used up'.
Article is closed for comments.