If you already have a database of attendees for your event, you can simply skip setting a Registration Form and import attendees' data directly to EventX.
There are three ways to do attendee importing.
- Copy and paste from Excel
- Upload a CSV file
- Connect Eventbrite
Important: We do not support using importing for the registration form custom questions' answers.
Step 1. Click Attendees and Import a group of attendees.
Step 2. Choose the way you will import attendees
2a. Copy and Paste from Excel.
2b. Upload CSV file.
2c. Connect your Eventbrite event.
Step 3. Map with your columns
After importing a database into EventX, column mapping is a very important step which determines how to show the data on both the Web platform and the Check-In App. You can map your column data to existing default columns or create a new custom field or grouping.
- Use Custom Fields for data which is unique for every attendee, e.g. ID no.
- Use Groupings to group function among a batch of attendees, e.g. Table no.
- If you clicked "Skip", that column will not be imported to EventX.
For example, you can choose "Ticket Types" as the "Registration Type".
(The Fields shown in the pull down menu below are default fields.)
Step 4. Confirm Duplication Check and District Codes for phone numbers.
- Please check the box "Skip duplication-checking" if you do not want the same data records to be merged.
- Remember to add district codes to phone numbers if you will send SMS to your attendees
Step 5. Click "import" to confirm importing the attendees
Step 6. Indicate the status of these attendees
- When selecting "Added", those attendees that you import will be in the Invitation List (People you want to add to invite later).
- When selecting "Waitlisted", those attendees that you import will be in the Waitlist (People who want to attend and are waiting for your approval.
- When selecting "Approved", those attendees that you imported will be in the Approval List (People who want to attend and are approved to go).
Article is closed for comments.